View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
ebooks.com also doesn't participate in a lot of the free ebook promotions.

From what I've been able to learn from many of the stores, the store pays the license fee on each "free" book sold and downloaded (until you download the first time and install it, a license isn't created; that even triggers the payment to adobe). Their original contracts with publishers didn't include a vision of tons of free books adding to their costs and the publisher paying nothing. A few have probably re-negotiated and managed to get that cost under control (I suspect that is why Christianbook went back to allowing downloads on free books).

My books won't download from from diesel, btw. One was pulled by the publisher, apparently and others just gave error messages. I didn't get an email from them, either (and there is no notice on the front page, so I suspect some are still buying even as they are closing in less than a week).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote