View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #31861
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

Juries are not told abut this because Judges are afraid Juries will use it.

Yes you do have this in the UK

http://ukcriminallawblog.com/jury-nu...e-right-thing/
BTW: for what it's worth, do, actually, believe in jury nullification. It is within the power of the jury--which is the essential nexus, the fundamental tenet, of our system. Our faith and trust that "12 [wo]men, brave and true," (thank you, Dame Agatha) will come to the right verdict. If that means choosing a different path than "Thu Laaaw!," as written (thank you, Judge Dredd), then so be it.

There's not a d*mned thing wrong with jury nullification. And yes, in one of my many trips to the voir dire box, I answered a question and told the (defense) attorney that I did, an honest answer to a question, and sure 'nuff, the prosecutor exercised one of his prerogatives and I was outta there. In the circumstance, it was the right answer to the specific question.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 02-11-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Wanted to fix a sentence.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote