View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
Elton Noway
Elton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Which Color Reader is best? (i.e. enhances contrast )

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I have a silver PRS300 but I put a pink skin on it. I actually prefer the lighter colors, the dark colors are distracting to me.
I was just going to suggest this... a "SKIN" is the way to go.

Since a friend will be buying your reader for you and you won't be able to see the readers in person... and since you may or may not get the color you were hoping for... I would suggest telling your friend to just buy whatever color is available... and not worry about the color of the frame because you can always change it with a skin, and make it any color that you want. Here's a link to one of many skin suppliers for the 300:

http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...cket-300-Skins

BTW... I've read many forums on the subject of the page contrast to frame color correlation. Actually.... the responses are all over the place and it comes down to personal preference. Some people say they prefer the darker frame (black/blue) because it makes the white page background appear whiter (brighter). Some say they find the black/blue frame distracting ... that they can't stop seeing the frame around the page window when they trying to read, whereas the silver frame has a tendency to blend in with the white page and you don't notice it as much after you start reading. Then again others say they tried the silver frame and didn't like it because it was too bright, that it reflected light and they found the glare distracting.

NET: Its all personal preference. Take what you can get and skin it the way you want.

Just FYI: I have a silver 300. I don't notice the frame while reading and I have never had a glare problem (indoors or out). Paint is paint... all of them will scratch eventually if you are not careful with it. Skin it or get a cover if you are worried about scratching the paint.

Word of warning. Make sure when you friend is in NYC they buy your reader from a retail seller (like Barnes and Noble). NYC has a lot of "gray market" alley stores . While you can get great prices on some electronics they may not be covered by Sonys warranty.
Elton Noway is offline   Reply With Quote