View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I understand that. However I am comparing the size/price (as a mini tablet) to the size/price of the Fire 6. I'm saying I am not sure why someone would want to pay that ($249) for the phone, to use as a tablet, when the Fire 6 exists, and is significantly cheaper. What advantages would there be, especially when it doesn't even run Google Play?

On the other hand, if AT&T would offer it as a no contract Go Phone, I would be interested. That's the only cell service we use.
I'd get the Fire Phone because it has features the Fire HD 6 doesn't:
  • fits in a shirt pocket
  • more storage -- 32GB / 64GB vs 8GB / 16GB
  • more RAM -- 2GB vs 1GB
  • better processor
  • better cameras plus a flash
  • GPS
  • compass
AT&T exclusivity was probably the one thing that killed sales the most. What were they thinking? No one is going to switch carriers just because of this phone. It's not in the same league as the high end offerings from Apple, HTC, LG, and Samsung. Yet, Amazon priced it like it was. The reality is that this phone should've been priced the same as the phones it actually competes with spec wise - Nexus 5 and Moto X.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote