View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #55
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Where in my statement do I talk of him dissing visually impaired people? I said that he was being insensitive, but out of that you got that I said he was dissing the visually impaired? As far as being paranoid, I am far from it. I happen to know that Steven King has a great vocabulary and know how to use it. That is why I am disappointed in what he said. So, again, please do not put words into my mouth.
Ok, sorry. I thought it a valid paraphrase. I apologize.

So, how is it insensitive? Seriously. I don't see it.

Does everyone have a right to every entertainment option in the form they choose? Is there a right for an audio book or braille version for blind people? Do people who don't speak the language have a right to get their translation of a new King novel on publication day? Can I demand a paperback version of every ebook-only book if I live in a place where I don't have access to electricity?

Is it insensitive if a new video game isn't available for Mac/PC/Xbox/PS3/whatever?

So what did Mr. King say that you consider insensitive? How dare he publish a pulp paperback book in the tradition of the 50s?

I think it's your sense of entitlement that's out of line a bit here ("I want what I want when and how I want it and how dare you deny me") rather than Mr. King's comments, but that is obviously not the way you see it

Matt
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote