View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I did a lot of re-reading, so I won't count my favorites that I re-read.

My best (new to me) of 2012:
  • Wool by Hugh Howey - Post-apocalyptic story about life in the Silo. This one is joining my to be re-read pile.
  • Honor Harrington series by David Weber - Far future military science fiction series, I have only read the first two, but will continue reading this series.
Several short stories were also highlights:
  • "The Plagiarist" by Hugh Howey - What if we become more interested in being plugged in than connecting with others?
  • "The Feeling of Power" by Isaac Asimov - What if we forgot how math works?
  • "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell - What happens when the world's most distinguished hunter becomes bored?
Because I did so many re-reads this year I only read books I was really expecting to like or were well recommended. I did have a couple short stories that only rated a "meh" from me, "An Apple a Day Keeps the Dragon Away" and "Blood Spatter".
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote