View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bradford View Post
Thanks for the advice and the algorithm, I'd guessed that I could do it with a phony composite column but was hoping there was a cleaner and more efficient way to do it.

Perhaps allowing a multi level heirarchy dependent on existing metatdata (cols/tags) could be added at some time. That way you could have a number of views depending on the way you wanted to parse the library.
column sorts get biased by the previous sorted column. IIRC the tweak defaults to 5

BTW series vs authors would never work well with my collections. Way too many series that have different or multiple (or different combinations) of authors. I treat authors of series as a 'nice to know' bit of info (last item in a file naming template so as to not mess up a series sort.
If I am interested in which author participated, I use the Tag browser/search:
eg: show me only books by Author X that were part of any series:
authors:"=X" and series:true
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote