View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
First, this series is _supposed_ to be over the top. Mr. Ringo has said repeatedly that the Ghost series is not in any way connected with reality. If needed for the story, he'd have the sun come up in the West.
Yes, I'm well aware of what he claims to be the reasons for writing it; I'm afraid that I still find them to be quite horrid books. I honestly wonder if Mr. Ringo is aware of how astonishingly offensive he is being in these books - that's why I wonder if it is a "cultural" thing and they come across as more "acceptable" to American readers.

Quote:
Second, I want to understand where you are coming from. In your opinion, how much would the xenophobia have to be toned down before there is an element of truth?
I don't believe that making generalisations about nationalities or religions can ever be justified. Individuals are "terrorists"; nations / religions are not.

Quote:
P.S. There is a book I want you to read, Harry. It was in the April Webscriptions bundle. "Caliphate" by Tom Kratman
I have it; haven't yet read it. I'll let you know what I think of it when I do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote