View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
azores
azores began at the beginning.

Device: none
Keeping Pagination in ePub

Hello:

I apologize if this information is fairly well-known, I've done a fair amount of research on the topic but have had trouble finding a straightforward answer, or information that is not several years old.

Our company, an online bookseller, would like to work with our publisher partners to offer their academic textbooks on our website as eBooks in ePub format. However, most professors adopting these textbooks still utilize the physical copies in the classroom, and reference the section page numbers in their syllabi.

Although we still have a lot to learn about ePub, we do know that the reflowable nature of the format means that pagination is, for all intents and purposes, lost once converted to ePub. However, selling these items to our customers without pagination that matches the pagination of the physical copy of the textbook is not going to make our customers happy, if they cannot easily reference the page numbers on their syllabus.

So my question is simple: What is the best method, if any, of maintaining the pagination of the physical book in an ePub format?

Thanks for any help!
azores is offline   Reply With Quote