View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #39
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony_fox View Post
First time a book club thread's come up that I've actually read. It's been ages since I read this (paper version before ereaders!) but i've been reading the rest of the series over the last few years as they come out. (the epub prices for them seem very high!

There are two things I don't like about the JR books - one the police always seem happy to have his help, yeah we'll tell you all the details, you can give us a hand, no problem. And the other is the way all the women just jump into bed with him. It just seems really odd, they end up with no personalities, just more bed fodder for Jack.

But I like the action, I like the tension and the just about belivable plots Jack gets into. I like his deductive processes - he's not perfect and does make mistakes, but can you spot them?

Not all the JR books are sucesses though, some are better than others.
Women jump into bed with men all the time in movies, and police being helped seems to happen all the time too, so why not in books?

I guess I view it much differently. I expect to read these like I'm watching a movie, and for the most part, that's how it plays out LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote