View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #60
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
This is what I mean by intrusive and hard-sell with kindles. It forces firmware upgrade which then nags to upload side-loaded content to the cloud. Then it asks you to add twitter or something comments when you finish a book. I find that highly intrusive. I like Sonys because they are not intrusive.
The KPW2 does NOT nag you to upload your side-loaded content to the cloud--even with the new firmware. If you are creating collections on your KPW2 with your side-loaded content (or I believe even content downloaded from Amazon), with your wifi off, then you'll get nagged to connect so that your collection information can get uploaded to the cloud. The implementation of "cloud collections" wasn't very well thought out by Amazon--as you can tell from numerous posts here--so hopefully this behavior will be changed in a future firmware release.

But, as long as you don't create collections on the KPW2, there are no nags to connect to upload cloud information.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote