View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 03:55 AM   #24
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Thank Christ. This is indubitably one of the reasons that we get angry users here, who think it should "work like Word" (or whatever) and are sorely disappointed. The idea of a WYSIWYG ePUB editor was great, but it was, IMHO, touted entirely wrong, giving utter neophytes the idea that it was an Apple-like product, where you could drag-drop any old sh*t in, push a button, and VOILA!, insta-ePUB. We've all seen numerous posts from angry new users, and it does no one any favors.
Thank you for his clarification.

Personally, I never believed that Sigil would be the Word of the ePub (this role is excellently played by Jutoh)
Very quickly, I realized that if I wanted advanced formatting, I would have to get my hands on the code.
And I'm not complaining, I learned HTML and CSS to make my books look as pretty as possible, and I'm very happy about that now

BV was the ideal gateway to the heart of Sigil and the ePub: direct code editing.

The great strength Sigil was to present the 2 versions :
1) A simple and fast editor, via BV
2) A powerful and complete editor, via CV and Preview

He was the only one doing that, because the other editors are either one or the other.
I'm not saying BV is Sigil's strength.
There real strength of Sigil was to have the 2 in one software.

It is above all the loss of this versatility that saddens me.
But I understand that this versatility is too hard to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Book View will be deprecated (it really already informally is deprecated) and will eventually be removed from Sigil entirely.
Ok I'll change my setup to CV+Preview to get used to it now.

PS: About the "Neophytes complainet", I sympathize with you.
But this is explained because Sigil is very popular, and especially that the communication and understanding that users outside this forum is that it a Magic insta-ePUB editor, look a Word-like.
They believe that there is deception about the product, while no, it is the communication that is false.

Last edited by un_pogaz; 06-15-2018 at 04:11 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote