Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 04:21 AM   #341
h2g2
h2g2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
In desperation I have started to put individual books into directories with the name of directory set to display the desired info. I often have the same book in several formats, so I have all those in the same directory. It adds additional directory level, but PocketBook doesn't screw-up the directory names, only [some] filenames when displaying library. Please note, I have previous firmware 4.xy that is screwed less than 5.xy series
I have tag set for all my books in Calibre that are supposed to be on my reader. That way I can compile a catalog for all the books on my reader.
So it was not a problem to set up a new template for saving books to disk
Code:
{author_sort:.1}/{authors}/{series:|# |}/{series_index:0>3s|| - }{title} - {authors}/{series_index:0>3s|| - }{title} - {authors}
I think this still works in PB626. I have played with a 626 before Christmas, as I was preparing a few units for my friends (installing coolreader and the like) and I would have noticed this missing feature.
Have a better look at the options menu.
Thanks for the advice. I am not really enchanted with having to rebuild all my directory tree for thousands of books (of course calibre would help), but it would work.

Generally speaking, why does Pocketbook dump useful features on new products and firmwares? They may look for new customer profiles, less power users and more "Apple users", that is "we do not offer choice because we know what is good for you". But I do not believe offering extra features can make the product less attractive.
Not sure if posts on this thread have any influence on Pocketbook developers though.
h2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote