View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #488
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppulle View Post
Hi,

I'd like to see a plugin that takes an epub cover and applies a well thought out halftone to it.

Even though the reader will do it's best in presenting colour images on epaper I reckon that a good half tone will look better.

You'd lose resolution, however we wouldn't get the very dark images some covers render to on ebooks.

Phil
A halftone won't do what you want. EInk displays aren't high resolution B&W devices, they are medium resolution greyscale devices. I think you're looking for a high-contrast colour->(4-bit) greyscale conversion.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote