View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #38
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Beta for next release

As mentioned on the Book Sync thread, I have now integrated all of the Book Sync functionality into this Reading List plugin. So it is now possible for any of your reading list(s) to be optionally associated with a device to sync to. This in effect completely replaces the Book Sync plugin which should be uninstalled.

The other change I made is a count of the number of items in a list on the View menus, which was also requested.

I would appreciate a few users giving this a test for me before I officially release it.

To use this plugin, I suggest the following:
  1. Empty any sync lists on your Book Sync plugin and uninstall it
  2. Install this attached version of the Reading List plugin.
  3. As per the instructions for setting up Book Sync, you will need to connect to your device(s) one at a time and enter the Configure plugin dialog. Click on Add connected device to define your list of devices. If it has multiple storage cards, I suggest renaming each while the device is connected using the plugin, making any inactive you intend not to use.
  4. For each list you potentially want to sync to a device, select the device name in the dropdown. Enable the additional checkboxes based on whether you want the list to be synced as soon as the device is connected, and whether you want the list cleared after it has been synced.

If you don't want to sync a list to a device/folder, then the behaviour is unchanged from that you have currently.

Appreciate any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3_Configuration1.png
Views:	928
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	72466  

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-07-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: New version below
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote