View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Did a lot of research and saw where Adobe caches can total up to tens of GBs in size. So I went into Library and did as recommended.

To Clear Adobe Caches:
  1. Library>Application Support>Adobe>Common>Media Cache (Delete everything in this folder)
  2. Library>Application Support>Adobe>Common>Media Cache Files (Delete everything in this folder)

Saw a few Youtube videos where people did this and they cleared out 20+GB of caches. I did it, deleted over 11,000 cache files, but saw less than 1 GB difference.

This is really frustrating. I thought for sure that Adobe, the king od bloat, would have been the issue.

I ran the free version of CleanMyMac X and it identified over 20 GB of caches to delete in Adobe's CreativeCloud, but I didn't want to pay them $39 to do so. So I'll keep searching for the culprit...

-------------------------------------

ETA: According to the rescan by CleanMyMac X, the two main culprits are:
  • 9.17 GB Adobe Camera Raw 2
  • 5.78 GB Adobe Camera Raw
  • 2.09 GB Google Earth

But that still doesn't explain why my system is at 124.68 GB. Even if I paid CleanMyMac X to delete the 20.25 GB of caches it found, System would still be over 100 GB!

Last edited by OtinG; 05-09-2021 at 10:16 AM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote