View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #6
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by shore_pk View Post
Is there a way to add a footer or header in Sigil?
Again: What are you trying to accomplish here? What is the goal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore_pk View Post
For example I would like a certain link to show up at the bottom (or top) of each page in the book without having to manually add it to every page.
To do...?

If it helps, explain it in physical book form:

Are you trying to recreate headers (chapter title) + footers (page numbers)? And swapping between them on left/right pages?

Or something like that?

Because that kind of information is generated and displayed automatically by the device/reader.

Remember: Ebooks =/= Print books, and there are some things you just don't transfer over. Headers/Footers being one!

Side Note: And do you have a physical device to test your ebooks on?

A Kobo, a Nook, a Kindle, etc.

I think some of these questions would be squelched once you mess around with an ebook for a few minutes on an actual device or reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
In epub3 you can simulate it using an aside tag, some css such as "display: oeb-page-header" and/or javascript to open a pop-up window.
Is there any device that even follows that? Yes, I know it's buried somewhere in the EPUB specs... but reality...

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 04-23-2021 at 12:51 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote