View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
Hello everyone
my English is unfortunately not so good, so I entered the whole thing via a translator, may I be forgiven.

I don't know if only I have the problem or if this is a general error in Sigil 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.
When I clean the HTML files with the function „Tools -> Reformat HTML -> Mend and Prettify All HTML.
After saving the book, it cannot be opened with the Calbre Reader and the Calibre editor.
The entire structure appears to be being destroyed.
Wasn't the case with 1.3.0, because I've reinstalled that now. and tried it out.
No issues in that regard here.

I took a sampling of epubs (some problematic and some "normal") and verified that all could be viewed and edited with Calibre 5. Then I opened each of them with Sigil and did a "Mend & Prettify All HTML Files" and resaved each of them. This resulted in no structure being lost or destroyed, and all of the epubs were still able to be viewed/read and edited with Calibre. I tested on both Windows and Linux. Old and new versions of Calibre

So whatever is happening on your end must be related to something about a particular epub, or a particular Sigil (or calibre) setting.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-25-2020 at 09:48 AM.