View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch (original a version)

"What format book are you reading? I am guessing that it is a kepub. Does it affect other formats?"
Doesn't matter what format

"The book progress is displayed as percentage. Does changing to another display change anything?"
No same issue

"Does changing any of the font settings change anything? The black on the sides look like the margins. Does it change width as you change the margins?"
Nope black boarded persists.

"What happens when you bring up the menus?"
reverts to normal till I read a book then reappears

"Does opening a Pocket article have the same problem? Or an image?"
Doesn't Effect Pocket Articles

"I think you are saying that when opening the book, it is OK, but changes to this when you turn the page. Is that correct? And if so, what happens if you use the navigation bar or ToC to change pages?"
Black boarder persists regardless

"Does the black areas flash when you turn a page? Does anything show in them?"
Stays black no flashing

"What page refresh option have you selected? And does changing this change anything?"
Tried all options no change

"Does it change if you turning the page takes you to a new chapter?"
Issue persists

"Can you try enabling screen shots and taking one? The screenshot is taken from a buffer. If it shows black, then the problem is earlier in the process of getting the page to the screen."
Will do

"Exactly what firmware version is this? This is mainly to make sure exactly what you are using is documented."
Issue started with the one mentioned in the title and is still present in the VERY LATEST one as of todays date.

Thank you for your response..
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote