View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouffian View Post
I should try not to lose sight of the target here. My aims are simple, I want my Kindle jailbroke so that I can customise my screensavers. That's about it. If I can get a custom screensaver and keep 5.3.7. I will be happy enough, or if I can revert to 5.1.2 I would be almost equally happy as I could hack my way out of the rough from there.

There are 4 identical KTs in my house, all are naked and all are jailbroken with custom screensavers so that we can all identify our own machines easily. I guess I could get a decal or something to mark mine, but I want a picture of Colonel Roy Mustang as my screensaver.
Duh . . . .

Well then copy out the /dev/mmcblk0p1 (main mode firmware) from one that works and copy it into the one that does not.

Then change the single screensaver image file.

If you are "Windows Handicapped" - it can be done from the Kubrick command line using the 'manual' tools included on the Kubrick CD rather than using the wizard.
Some recent posts on that subject here.

Directions to be found in the 'Original' de-bricking thread(s).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote