Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #1199
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
OK, I've tried to change JBPatch configuration options on my PW (5.3.3) for the first time ever and think I've hit a bug. I changed the default margin width down to 20 to see what it looked like, hit save, framework restart, hm, too narrow. So I tried boosting it to 30 and resetting the other two to 50 and 70 (making all three margins actually useful for the first time ever). Save, framework restart, why has nothing changed? It's still set to 20/100/150! OK, try hitting reset, save, framework restart. Still no change! What about reset, save, sync, framework restart? Nope, that won't change it either!

On further investigation, it looks like the first change made via the JBPatch GUI writes out (/mnt/us)/opt/jbpatch/com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.margins.txt, but subsequent changes refuse to overwrite it (normally I'd guess due to permissions, but everything on the Kindle runs as root, so that can't be it). If you change it by hand over USB mass storage or usbnet and do a framework restart, things work.
Q? Is (was) the USB cable connected during the above tests?
If so, repeat them without the USB cable connected.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote