View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
calibre: most desired feature, pony up for Kovid

Alright, calibre lovers. It's time to get together to talk about the one or two features you would like to see implemented in a near release of calibre. Kovid has spent many hours developing, troubleshooting, and documenting our favorite Reader program so I am proposing that we give back and sponsor him to develop the feature(s) the forum wants most.

Here's how this would work:

1. We would use this thread to make suggestions on features we would like to see in calibre.

2. After a week or so, we set up a poll for the final contenders.

3.[*]2ePub - converting various formats to ePub

3. Kovid will quote out what kind of effort it will take to implement the feature(s)

4. We all contribute what we can and when Kovid has the necessary amount, he puts it together for us.

Please take into consideration how much time and effort this software has saved you. How much is this wonderful app worth to you? Well put your money where your mouth is!

Tell us what features you want in calibre and let's get this started!

My desired features:

1. A iTunes-like sync system for automatically pulling down subscriptions to websites and putting them on the Reader.

2. Porting calibre over to MySQL so I can connect to databases I host in the cloud.

What about you?

Last edited by astrodad; 06-03-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added ebpub conversion
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote