View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Not all covers show up in new iOS5-compatible Stanza

Amazon finally released an iOS5-compatible version of Stanza yesterday. Unfortunately, not all the covers of my epubs are showing up. Instead I am getting a blank page in some books where the cover should be. These are epubs that worked on the previous version of Stanza so the problem evidently lies in this new Stanza version. It is not a Calibre issue. However, since there are a lot of smart people who hang out here in this forum, I thought maybe someone might have some ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

All the epub covers show up fine in thumbnail view. It's just in book view where some of the covers don't show up.

What I noticed is that all the epubs which have the issue have their html files on the first level when you explode the epub using Calibre's tweak epub function.

As far as I can tell, all the epubs in my library that have their html files in an OEBPS folder inside the epub are fine on the Stanza version. Their covers show up as expected.

In one instance, I went back to the original and re-converted epub-to-epub in Calibre and that fixed the issue so the cover shows up normally. The file structure still has its html files on the primary level (no OEBPS folder). So not all epubs without an OEBPS folder have the problem.

So is there any way to force an epub into an OEBPS structure? Is there another way to fix this? I have no idea where to look.

Any ideas?

Last edited by PatNY; 11-11-2011 at 03:15 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote