View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4rombks View Post
I recently bought an eBookwise and have noticed a problem with most of the recent books I've converted. All my e-books are PDF files so I convert them to a .doc file. Looking at it on the computer, it looks fine, but when I use the ebookwise Librarian and upload the book to the reader, certain words are missing. For example, the book I finished reading 2 days ago had "New Orleans" missing throughout the book. All I got was a blank space where it's supposed to be. Then the book I was reading yesterday, by another author, had the hero's name missing throughout it. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Can someone help me please?
It's possible pdf's have embedded characters that do not translate well to imp. Try extracting to text, and making a rtf and converting from there, and check the imp book with the free previewer.

The other solution is to make image imp's with BookDesigner as above, but those are big and usually they can be avoided with a bit of care.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote