Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #106
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I've not upgraded yet, either. I'm on 14.2, like you, but I have experienced freezing. I've had my PB 360 for around a month now and I've had to reset it using the reset button four times. That surprised me, because I haven't heard anyone else complaining about that.

I'm not complaining at all. I LOVE my PB 360 and would certainly recommend them to everyone.

I'm interested to hear the answer to your questions.
I have had to reset about 3 times since December 2009. Usually this has happended as a result of charging the device. I connect the AC charger, then I get the little pop-up asking whether I want to connect via USB to a computer or charge only, so I choose charge only. Then I leave the device to charge - usually it's no problems, and when I disconnect after charging everything's fine. But a couple of time when I disconnect the charger the keypad doesn't unlock and the device doesn't respond, even to a power down, so I then have to use the reset button. I've had no other needs for a reset, but as described below, I regularly power the device off when I eject the SD card.

Another weird one is sometimes when charging the PB360 never seems to 'finish' - i.e. the red indicator lamp never changes to green to show fully charged - yet if I dicsconnect it after some hours or overnight it shows full and behaves normally.

As noted above, I also have the classic Sandisk micro-SD problem that requires a reboot to read the card properly. Usually I keep all my eBooks on the micro-SD, so when I need to update the card I power down the PB360, eject the card, add/remove books to my folder as needed, then re-insert the card and power the device back on. Initially it will only show internal memory, and if I choose something like 'Books' the device will then reboot and after that the card is recognised. Apparently this doesn't happen with some other brands of card? Does 15.1 firmware address this issue (I believe not)?
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote