View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
Thanks for that. I am running 10.5.8 - NOT 10.8! I am getting a new iMac with 10.6.? I can find / save and move my library with no problem - THANKS rcuadro!
Ok.. those new iMac's look sweet... you getting the 27 incher... if so I will be turning greed.

Quote:
I am after info on what to do with my reader (Sony 505) / ADE and Sony Library on my old machine to de-register, and in what order.
It doesn't really matter what order. Just log into your account on your old machine and go to my account, and devices and dergister that machine. You have to do it FROM that old machine... or you have to call support.

But, you don't have to de-register it before you add another machine. As long as you have less than 6 devices registered you will be fine with having both registered. I actually have both my home iMac and my work Windows machine registered to my Sony account.

Quote:
I am also after info on what to do with my new machine regarding ADE / Sony Library and my reader to re-regster, and in what order.
The sad thing is I hardly ever buy protected epub books - just wanted Dan Brownes latest at half price from Waterstones UK. Can I ignore ADE and Sony library and just use Caliber - I guess it just depends on whether I can find the latest titles from aother source - or will they all be DRM'd and need ADE/Sony library?
No, you will need either ADE or Sony library to buy DRMed ePubs. The problem is if you want to use ADE you still need to install Sony eLibrary to enable ADE to talk to your Sony. That said you can just use Finder to move the books to your Sony.

If you don't want to use ADE, and just want to be able to buy ePubs then I would say just install Sony library software and register it to your Sony and Adobe accounts.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote