View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 02:55 AM   #3
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Does the file contain pictures? Pictures are stored in an extremely "verbose" manner in RTF files - an image which is, say, 100kb as a JPG of GIF file can add many MB to the size of an RTF file.
Nope, no pictures, just text. It is strange, because if I open the 18MB file using WordPad (not Word) and then hit file, it is saved at a normal size.

As I said, from looking at the raw file, it appears that word is applying the formating (typeface, font, size, etc.) to each individual word of the file separately. I have no idea why it is doing this.

I did some more playing and the huge RTF files could not be read on the reader. They transfered and show in the book list but when I try and open one I get an error.

I am happy with my WordPad workaround and I don't mean this thread as any complaint. I am sure there is something funny with my Word configuration. But I wanted to make a record so that if anybody else had this problem, they to would have a work around.
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote