View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #12
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ockham View Post
Be very careful about making statements about what "KF8" supports. What you have discovered is what the version of webkit that is embedded in the device or app supports. That's important because there are subtle differences between the webkit versions on various KF8 capable devices and apps. I know there are differences in the types of media queries that work and I have no idea what other differences might exist.
Of course, there's no guarantee that this will work with all KF8 enabled devices and apps, and it goes without saying that undocumented features shouldn't be used for production Kindle books. However, since the device and app that I tested it with (K3 and Kindle for PC respectively) are pretty much the lowest common denominator, it's highly unlikely that the specific pseudo classes that I included in my test book won't work with more recent devices and apps since updated firmware/KindleGen versions rarely remove support for existing features.
I also made sure to only include pseudo classes that KindleGen 2.8 compiles without displaying warnings. For example, both the K3 and the Kindle for PC app also support :​before with auto-incrementing counters just fine, however, since KindleGen 2.8 displayed a W28002: CSS style specified in content is not supported by Kindle readers. warning for them, I didn't include them.

Just to be on the safe side, I also added a short disclaimer to my initial post.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote