View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Strange issue with media.xml

I am writing myself an application for creating collections, and I have enountered a strange problem:

I need to fill in the 'date' attribute of <xs1:text> tag:

Code:
<xs1:text ... date="Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:57:34 GMT" />
The date used is, curiously enough, file creation date rather than file modification date, but I can deal with that. The strange thing is that as far as file management utilities and Windows API in general, the file for the above example has a creation date of "03 Sep 2008 17:57:34" - which would be more or less correct since I am in a GMT+1 timezone. But: How does the Reader know that my timezone is +1? It can't be getting that information from its filesystem since it uses FAT and FAT does not store timezone.

I need to know because if I keep the date at the value I read from the filesystem, the Reader will think the file got changed and will rebuild the cache for it. I need it to accept the modifications I did to media.xml, and that means I need to set the correct date - which is different than the date in filesystem.

Any ideas?
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote