View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #1097
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
Did you try a long press on the back button? Sometimes it works for getting out of strange situations.
I will try your suggestion although I believe I already tried something like this.
However after having more problems like this I gave up, I am short of time and I report bugs here or post suggestions as I run into them while I am studying.

At this moment I entirely gave up on highlighting and went back to scribbling which is equally stable and quick. I did not have time to check to see if it happens to any document but I did notice a pattern. When you have this problem if you open the doc again and manage to see the annotations list you seem to be able to make just around one page and a half of annotations. At this point the highlighting becomes slow and unresponsive. After that the only way to continue is to merge the annotations and to start like fresh or to continue by using scribbling not highlighting

One more observation; the reader seems to be frozen but if you have enough time or patience and wait long enough you might see that it eventually tries to do what you wanted (hightlight text). It responds to your command with a delay of 5-10 minutes!!
This made me guess that it might also have something to do with the refresh process. This might be a really bad idea (almost unbelievable) but the programmer might try to add a new annotation using a refresh function which seem to refresh the look for all the annotations otherwise I can't understand why the lag and why the ereader reacts slower and slower as the number of annotations increases

THis is of course for the new PDF reader

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-10-2012 at 01:40 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote