View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasken View Post
What would you say the biggest problem is with buying on the device?

Is it hard to find interesting books? Hard to figure out if the interesting book is worth buying? Hard to buy it once you decided to purchase it?
I use my Kobo to read.

I use my computer to browse through the books I might be interested in - I visit the Kobo website (not the desktop app) and I also look at Amazon and other stores. I read reviews (which Kobo doesn't provide) and then I choose the best price and buy my book. Quite often it is from Kobo (especially when I can use a discount code) but sometimes it is another store. I always download the book and then put it through Calibre to remove DRM and convert to epub if necessary. Then I back it up before transfering the book to my Kobo to read.
You can't do all that on the kobo so for me all the shop links etc are a waste of screen space and memory.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote