View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The next interesting thing that needs to be done is to find some more KF8 samples that have been downloaded from the Kindle store for the Kindle Fire, and see if Amazon has stripped out the mobi section, as they do for the SRCS section. I suspect that they will be doing this.
I'm probably a bit off-topic here, but...
I'm hoping Amazon allows the average content creator to upload separate MOBI and KF8 files for their books at some point. There's just too many irreconcilable differences between the KF8 and MOBI content built from the exact same source, IMO. Too many situations where making the KF8 really shine, will really botch up the fall-back mobi.

If not, the creative crowd may have to come up with a tool to stitch together an optimized MOBI with an optimized KF8 for uploading.

I'm already experiencing situations where the compromise to "make it work" for both formats results in two inferior products.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote