View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
OK, Set up the panel and the USB charging adaptor as I described and tried it out on
my PDA. It is working fine with that. (Its "Input" is listed as "5v 1A)

On the first try with the Libre Pro:
09:00 am CST
The Libre Pro just out of the box. The manual states that it takes 7 Hours to charge
the Libre from a USB source (Don't know if that is based on the USB source not
providing the 1Amp of the power adapter that comes with the Libre. The USB adapter
I'm using in these tests is also rated at 1Amp.)

With everything setup and the panel pointed at the sun;
The USB adapter's indicator light is lit.
The indicator light on the panel is blinking. (I have no Idea what that is meant to
indicate.)

The panel's small print shows "Up to 1.8 watts/125mAmp under ideal conditions"

The Libre won't turn on so I have no indication that it is charging or not.
I don't know if the Libre is working, I may have to charge it up normally, and insure
that it works, before draining it and running another test. I'll give it two hours as it is,
that should be a little over a quarter of the 7 hr charge mentioned in the manual.

-------------------
11:15am
OK, after removing from the setup, reseting and starting again, the Libre started and
showed two of the three bars in the charge indicator. (It has 20g as the firmware)
Placed it back on the setup and realigned it with the sun.

12:15am checked it, and it is still showing the two of three indication (what a stupid
charge indicator, only three elements). Will check every hour, I guess.
Oh, and I had to remove it from the setup and reset the Libre before it would start up
again.

4:30pm still the same 2 of 3 bars, there does seem to be a drain on the panel, going
by the response of the indicator light, so I think that some charging is taking place, but
at a much slower pace than I was hoping for. That's enough for today, I would have to
admit that this panel just won't cut it for the Aluratek Libre Pro, the adapter worked out
and I may try a larger panel at some point. As it is, the panel and adapter seem to work
well with my PDA/GPS so its not a total loss.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-11-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote