View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Charles - I'm not sure what you mean by "identifiers is not ordered"?

Certainly that now gives me the result I want. I guess the question is was this intentional or an accidental oversight by Kovid?

It seems "all bets are off" when it comes to merge time - it isn't the case of take the first result then merge the rest into it which is what I would have thought from how the "old code" used to work. It is a case of merging each field in isolation which could come from any result left at that point (after XISBN pool rationalising). So your net result could be a "mish-mash" of data from the results you have returned. Perhaps most of the time this isn't a problem, it just wasn't quite what I assumed would be the effect of prioritising results.

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-09-2011 at 09:32 AM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote