View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Segmentation fault after existing dialog

I get a segmentation fault in two cases.

The first is if I start Calibre if Calibre is already running (on Ubuntu 10.10) - with no message that it's already running. This isn't really an issue, but just pointing it out.

The real issue is if I use my plugin in a certain situation - on both Ubuntu and Windows Vista. Users shouldn't run across this, but I do while testing and its possible that they could come across it if they setup the toolbar icons wrong.
  1. Load my Create Kindle Collections plugin.
  2. Add its action to BOTH the device connected toolbar and the device not connected toolbar.
  3. Connect a Kindle (probably any device for this test)
  4. Start calibre - and BEFORE the device has a chance to fully connect quickly select the Customize plugin menu entry (or Preview) in the drop down.
  5. You should get an error that the Kindle is not detected.
  6. Wait until things settle down and the device is fully connected
  7. Now click OK on the previous error dialog - Calibre crashes
However, if you click OK just after you get the 'not connected' error dialog and before the device is fully connected, Calibre keeps running ok.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote