View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
This is a little bit of a tangent. I had a Kindle 2, purchased in November of 2009. I recently noted that the right page turn button had gone spongy -- it still worked, but I have some past experience with these micro-switches, and I was afraid that it would fail completely. I called Amazon CS to ask about warranty info, and was told that my warranty had expired and was put briefly on hold. When the rep returned, he apologized for putting me on hold (for all of about 30 seconds), and told me that they'd send me a replacement. I'm also in Canada. The replacement was at my door in less than 48 hours, and I was sent by email a UPS return label. I was never charged anything, never paid any duties, etc. I did have a notice stating that if I did not return the original Kindle I would be charged full price for it.

One other funny thing. When I began to copy things to the new Kindle, including Duokan, I kept getting copy failures. I tried loading the same files to the old Kindle -- no problem. I was only having trouble with the new (reconditioned Kindle). I was about to call CS again, when I decided to try the new mini usb cable that came with the replacement. Bingo! Absolutely no problem since. The mini-usb cable I had been using was not an official Amazon Kindle cable, yet it had always worked with the old Kindle 2. Always check your connecting cables!

Again, Amazon customer service is truly excellent. That is one of the main reasons that I chose the Kindle over other ereaders. That, and a very good book selection.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote