View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Just wondering if I am the only one who is a bit anal about this sort of thing. Do you ever like to browse by cover? Does it bother you, how they look? Do you try and get a series to have matching covers for all of them? Or am I the only weirdo?
You're not the only one. I like good covers on my ebooks. I wrote a Quicklook plug-in for Mobipocket ebooks so that the ebooks would look good in the Finder on my Mac. I've even gone so far as to create covers - e.g. for some of the series that HarryT has uploaded.

It's not too hard doing a decent cover — if you can find some good artwork or an original cover of some kind. Here's one I did for HarryT's Tarzan books, which uses part of the dustwrapper from the first edition. I did similar ones for all his Edgar Rice Burroughs omnibusses, and I've often tweaked other covers — getting a higher-resolution version, or even adding a cover to replace the terrible generic cover of many commercial ebooks.

So no, you're no the only weirdo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tarzan 1.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	62067  
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote