View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #69
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I don't think anyone is really saying that copyright infringement is ok. I personally believe it to be different than theft, because a copy is being made (if you were to copy the file, and delete the original, that would be theft since the owner is deprived of it, and I have seen instances of where people have done that), however, I don't think it is ok. I think the biggest thing is scale. In the kidnapping verses murder example, the victim could theoretically heal from any physical or emotional damage and live a normal life afterwards, where as that isn't possible for a murder victim. Both are very bad, but murder is worse. With copyright infringement, since the victim are not deprived of anything (potential profit aside), they could recover, where as that is more difficult to do with theft since they no longer have the thing, and so are out what ever resources they invested into that item. Both are bad, but one is worse.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote