View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #378
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Yes gimps. There is more to a device than screen size and pixel density.
Glad to meet someone else who realizes that.

I haven't paid much attention to the Nexus announcements, but as far as I can tell the Nexus 4's only major gimps are insufficient onboard storage and no LTE antenna. There may be others I'm not aware of. However, in most other respects, the Nexus is on par with the latest offerings from Samsung and HTC, even besting them in some areas.

So I have trouble seeing how third-party manufacturers can justify a $300 price difference between the two. Yet they can't reduce prices to Google's level, because you can't compete with free. So what happens? Probably more of what's been happening for the last few years: they get even closer to the carriers and the two work together to shut Google out of the mainstream market in order to preserve their business model. Everyone loses.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote