View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
leihongwang
leihongwang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle4
Yesterday I failed to update to 4.0.1.Though an error occured, it could boot into the main mode once, and I found the version is 4.0.1.The second time I tried boot into the main mode, it crashed. Today I flashed mmcblk0p2 of 4.0.1 and kernel-4.0.1,and replaced mmcblk0p1 of 4.0.1.But the diags still has no response when I try to boot into the main mode.

Did I flash the wrong version of kernel or the order of my unbrick procedure is wrong?Thank you.

And could you please tell my where to download the kernel and mmcblk0p1 of the version 4.0.0?I had download a mmcblk0p1 of the version 4.0.0, but it did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Now that new firmware updates have changed the kernels (both main and diags), it is important to flash a kernel version that matches your boot partition version. That is why I added that information in red at the top of the first post in the "simple debricking" sticky thread.

The pastebin link changes every time I add something to that page. I change the link in the "simple debricking" first post to always point to the current version. Having that direct link here will make this copy point to the OLD (obsolete) version of the pastebin page, which may contain URLs that no longer work.

leihongwang is offline   Reply With Quote