View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #58
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I wouldn't mind either, as long as the links were discreet--but they wouldn't be getting any revenue from me, because my ereader doesn't have wifi. Unless the ad/coupon is embedded in the text of the book, delivery is dependent on conditions outside the advertiser's, or even the bookstore's, control.

Advertisers don't want to pay for a portion of the ebooks I read, because I'm not going to give any consideration to the ads. I won't be clicking on the ad links because I won't be reading on a device with clickthough ability.

And while most newer ereaders have wifi, there are still plenty that don't--and plenty more that keep it turned off except when they're getting new books, both to save battery and because they don't have constant access to wifi.
Well, the advertisers don't have to appeal to everyone-just to the vast majority. My guess is that most people who read ebooks remain connected by default-especially when you include all those who read ebooks on their smartphones. Five years from now most people will read on devices that will be connected all or most of the time.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote