View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
What about the colour? It looks like the 505 is only available in silver. I would think that a darker reader would provide a better contrast. Or am I just being picky?
I have the blue and I have seen the silver. Either would do fine. You won't get any better contrast from the blue then the silver. The ergonomics of the 505 is better then the 500. The page turns are faster, the screen has more contrast, no ghosting, and you won't need the joystick hack. I find the 505 is easier to hold in my right hand and use the right side page tun buttons to turn the page. Plus, Sony is coming out eventually with a new 505 firmware that may very well make PDF viewing on the 505 better. And finally, the 505 has 8 shades vs. the 500's 4 shades and because of the better contrast, the 505 is nicer for viewing graphics. And you already have the AC adaptor from the 500 so you won't need to get another.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote