View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #50
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you post the CSS so I can take a look at your code? Someone in another thread says it only works if the fonts are in the root of the ePub. But that means that most ePub with embedded fonts won't work as they are in a fonts subdirectory.
You're on quite the agenda, aren't you JSWolf? If you'd looked at the spec, you'd know that fonts can be ANYWHERE in the EPUB structure, as long as they're properly defined and referenced.

My experience mirrors pholy's. I personally own EPUBs with embedded fonts that display just fine on my kobo. I've also got some EPUBs that can't even pass a validator.

The e-reading world isn't as black and white as you want it to be.

P.S. I loaded Zelda's version of Three Men in a Boat on my kobo and it looks identical to ADE on my Mac. I will throw out the caveat that I'm running beta firmware so I can't confirm this books behavior on the current retail firmware.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote