View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Actually, Steve, this was somewhat the topic of my blog article today, Authors and eBook Problems: Expanding The Net of Responsibility. I think authors with traditional publishers need to include in their contracts review-before-release rights that let them review all ebook formats before releasing them for consumer consumption. I think both authors and publishers need to share responsibility for assuring that a released ebook is of at least reasonable production quality.

Two recent releases from TOR/Tom Doherty/Macmillan -- Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings and David Weber's Out of the Dark -- sorely needed such a review before release and these ebooks had to have been created from the electronic files used for the pbooks, not from OCRd copy. I discussed the problems in these books in On Books: Brandon Sanderson and David Weber — 1 Up, 1 Down and The Problem Is: Publishers Don’t Read eBooks!
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote