View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #119
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalandar View Post
The book blog has mostly been a labor of love about something I was passionate about. I earned enough off of it to justify the time I spent on it versus other things I could be doing with that time in my workday to earn more income, but with that source of income now looking like it will be significantly less, it is going to be hard to justify to myself.

Anyone who thinks this is about "money for nothing" is just plain ignorant about the level of work involved, and probably needs to educate themselves before posting to just sound witty without being accurate.
IMO the mostly labor of love isn't a labor of love anymore if you have to justify continuing because you have to do more work to make what you were making before Amazon made this change.

I have no problem clicking on a link with an affiliate code in it which clearly you took the time to code (or globally copied and pasted), *if* I choose to purchase from you. If I then choose to purchase a Kindle it would be nice to see a message that says "Hey ya know you're still putting $$ in Joe Blow's pocket?". That's what I perceive as the nothing part. I think most folks assume you're making a profit only on the coded link, not on additional purchases. I'm sure this thread has been eye-opening for some readers.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote