View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNer View Post
Any suggestions would be very appreciated, and if it's on Kindle, if I read it I promise that if I ever meet any of you, I will personally give you the best High-Five of your life.

Thank you for your time.
I haven't read House of Leaves, but if you want more books with an experimental narrative, two of my favorites are William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury and Italo Calvino's If on a winter's night a traveller... TSATF is mostly noted for the section told in stream-of-consciousness from the perspective of a man with severe mental disabilities, but the same events are then narrated from two very different perspectives, finishing with a more conventional third-person omniscient section following a household servant and touching on everyone's lives after the events.

Traveller is my favorite Calvino book, told in a second-person voice that starts with the general "you" in abstract, hypothetical terms and only gradually becomes a more concrete and specific narrative.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote