View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Reading fewer books doesn't necessarily correspond to buying fewer books. I read over a hundred books a year and spend less than someone buying 5 bestsellers a year.

You are assuming that the avid readers who were the early adopters of eReaders were purchasing tons of expensive books from Amazon and I'm not sure that's the case. Voracious readers are going to be more price sensitive and many probably put in the time to track down freebies and bargains or use the library or fill up their readers with classics or join lending groups or even scan their own books. People who read less than a book a month aren't going to bother with any of that and will just buy whatever is at the top of the bestseller list when they want a book.
Fair point, but some of the early adopters paid around $400 for their kindles versus getting free books from the library, so they aren't that price sensitive and I wonder how many people who only read one book a month are going to pay $79 for a reader?
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote