View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #14
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Something like the Kobo mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarfan1972 View Post
Would it not be cheaper to just buy a powerbank with a capacity of 5000-10000mah that you could use to charge your phone?

If you got one with a solar charger, or bought a separate solar charger you could recharge your powerbank when you are not actually surfing.

If buying a brand new ereader was the option, then buying a power bank would be much cheaper. However, getting a used ereader is much cheaper than getting a power bank. Regardless, I have a power bank, so your suggestion has a lot of merit. I wonder why I hadn’t thought of it. They’re a little heavy, but if the used Kobo Aura that arrives doesn’t work out (because it’s not backlit) then I may give your idea a try. That power bank won’t add too much weight to my backpack.

Solar chargers, however, are excellent ideas with poor implementation. If I am camping, and I have access to the sunlight all day long, then charging by sun will work, but they’re so slow that they are impractical for on the go charging. What solar charger do you use that doesn’t take hours on end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 05-16-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote