View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #870
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
Micah, don't worry about my request for OPDS support. It is clear to me now that the reason you will not provide support for it is because of some other commercial or strategic reason, valuable only to the Bluefire makers.

At this point, the only value Bluefire has for me is the DRM support, which is to say it has no value whatsoever, since I refuse to buy books that I can't strip DRM from.

Marvin is now a serious contender in version 1.2, with near perfect rendering and all the little things that make a reader a joy for actual book readers, unlike Bluefire, that I understand now is really for book sellers, with only incidental thought of actual readers.

Your lack of responsiveness is astounding, considering that you are in the customer service field, yes?

Anyway, I am done with Bluefire, best luck with your future endeavors.

Cheers

Art
I'm sorry that I was unresponsive. Bluefire is a small bootstrap startup, and we are working our asses off to just keep it going, and to continually improve the product. Many days I work really long hours, and most weekends too. It is a just real challlenge to keep up, and in this case I fell down. My apologies. It is true that we need to make a living, and so our focus certainly does mainly go to booksellers and publishers who pay us money. I do actually care a lot about the users of the free Bluefire Reader app and the experience they have reading. We've done lots of features that our paying customers don't really care about, but users of Bluefire have asked for. Examples are Collections, Swipe up/down for brightness, side-loading, library lending support, more font choices, and others. I understand that for you this was not enough.

I completely respect your choice to use a different free app that suits you better, and I'm glad that there are other good options out there. Whatever keeps people reading!

I really do believe that reading is the key to critical thinking, and we need more of that with our current ecological and political challenges. That's what really drew me to working in ebooks. .
Happy Reading.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote