View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #44
citius
citius is on a distinguished road

Device: None
Hrmm...

|2eason: If you could get a full page for like...a pound - would it be too heavy? A pound doesn't seem like much at all...

If, say, it cost $200 more than an iLiad to slam on a second eInk screen (so it looks like a page of paper), wouldn't that be better? Or is that just the 'better gadget' syndrome?

Also - yes, the power consumption may be doubled for driving two, but isn't the point of the eInk is that there is no constant power consumptions; granted, it halves the total number of page turns, but if you have to only turn half as many pages, doesn't that make more sense?

Furthermore, it seems like you really don't like CE - if you could, like...install MobiPocket reader or something on that medical tablet, doesn't that solve all your compatibility problems? Things for the PocketPC (i.e. WinCE) have been out for a long time...

Linux is great and all, but is Microsoft really that bad of a core? There are always lots of problems with getting drivers for some stuff, and if you've got some weird stuff, well...

Steve - Modularity increases chances for mechanical failure, doesn't it? LCDs also slaughter battery life, but if you don't care... it does sound like a valid point, though...

I've shadowed doctors at Duke University...it personally amuses me how the doctors are supposed to do stuff on a piddling little HP iPaq screen or something. There's no *room*!

Snatchos - Flexible e-ink is gonna be absurdly expensive - and it won't be commercially out for another few years...without including dev time.
citius is offline   Reply With Quote